Medical Coder - Seeking a Medical Coder to support a dedicated team of health care providers in their Bay Area practice.
This healthcare organization is committed to providing compassionate and supportive care in a friendly outpatient setting. Their approach is to provide personalized healthcare while focusing on value and quality. Come and be a part of their expanding and growing team, furthering their ability in providing healthcare support and expertise to patients and providers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in medical coding, with the skills necessary to improve their current billing and coding procedures. The successful applicant will work on a number of tasks requiring data analysis, in-depth evaluation and exercising judgement within the practice.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Apply CPT-4, ICD-9, ICD-10, HCPCS and modifiers following coding guidelines
* Utilize correct coding practices to file clean claims aiding in improved cash flow
* Ensure all services are accounted for and billed
*Code all documented professional services and submit for billing
*Query physicians when code assignments are not clear or documentation in the record is inadequate, or unclear for coding purposes
* Analyzes outpatient clinical information to accurately report codes
* Extracting outpatient records in accordance with ICD-10CM/PCS and CPT-4 coding
* Demonstrates an understanding of the billing cycle, working in accordance with guidelines of governmental and third party payers
Qualifications and Skills
* 1 Year of Medical Coding experience
* License/Certifications: Certified Professional Coder Certification (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist - Physician Based (CCS-P) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Outpatient Coder - Hospital (COC)
* Preferred clinical background
* Knowledge of EHR or EPIC experience
* Ability to communicate and work effectively with their peers and the insurance company representatives
* Ability to work under pressure, multi task, and meet necessary deadlines
* Must be detailed oriented and able to multitask in a fast paced environment
Job Status: Contract/Temporary