Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare patients’ billing statements and ensure that they are sent to them in a timely manner
- Review patients’ billing statements to ensure accuracy of information
- Assist in evaluating patients’ financial status and devise payment plans
- Follow up on delinquent accounts and ensure payments where possible
- Perform collection actions by calling patients
- Submit claims and resubmit denied claims
- Ensure processing of payments from insurance companies
- Prepare daily deposit activities
- Maintain payment status and billing records
- Perform data entry activities
- Prepare reports and perform analysis of billing documents
- Document transactions appropriately
- Track and resolve billing discrepancies
- Activate and deactivate patients’ accounts upon request
- Work with healthcare providers, patients, and insurance companies to ensure timely payment of bills
- Verify patients’ insurance coverage
- Perform appeals on denied claims
- Manage accounts receivable reports
- Answer questions and resolve problems regarding medical billing activities
- Use a variety of medical billing software to post charges
- Oversee and audit billing systems and activities to ensure accuracy
- Ensure that medical billing clerks are performing accurate data entry services
- Verify billing information posted
- Train medical billing clerks in performing data entry duties
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years of medical collections experience.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory government provisions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to enter accurately data and examine insurance documents.
- Ability to deal courteously with patients, staff, and others.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- medical billing: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)