Medical Biller - Payment Poster
Seeking a Medical Biller - Payment Poster to support a dedicated team of health care providers in their Redwood City practice.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in medical billing, with the skills necessary to improve their current billing procedures. The successful applicant will work on a number of tasks, exercising their billing experience within the practice. This large corporate organization is committed to exceptional care within the biotech industry and is seeking talent with medical billing experience and knowledge.
- Completes payment entry in a timely and accurate manner
- Posts payments to practice management system
- Records batch totals with date and initials on payment receipt spreadsheet
- Balances batches and runs transaction reports
- Properly communicates and documents payment denials in the practice management system and to the appropriate billing representative in a timely manner.
- Identifies any payments not being paid at the allowed/contracted amount and communicates this to the appropriate billing representative
- Posting cash receipts and EOBs
- Maintains professional knowledge regarding medical billing and coding procedures, insurance carriers, federal programs, etc.
Education, Experience, and Certification/Licensure Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Candidates must be able to work with high volume of work while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills required to operate practice management system (i.e., use Window operating system, conduct Internet searches, communicate by email, etc.)
Job Status: Contract/Temporary