Our client is an established healthcare organization with specialty children's clinics throughout California. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about pediatrics and looking to enhance their career
The Medical Assistant performs a variety of functions such as answering telephone calls, relaying messages; verifying patients’ demographics and insurance information, and scheduling appointments. Additionally, the Medical Assistant will perform back office duties such as rooming patients, obtaining vital signs, and review patients’ medical records to assist with patient inquiries.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and handle a high volume of interactions (phones, patients, etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to deal with diverse patient/family interactions.
- Ability to recognize and communicate problems promptly.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.
- Basic computer skills to include keyboarding, mouse movement and data entry skills to enter information accurately into the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Ability to demonstrate customer service skills in interactions with all patients, families and staff, including high volume and stressful situations
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadline