Our client is a well respected autism treatment organization with several locations throughout Northern California. They provide behavioral health services to individuals with autism and their families.
The Behavior Technician works closely with individuals with autism spectrum disorders and their families. They will implement evidence based behavioral treatment plans utilizing best practices in a professional, ethical and compliant manner.
- Adequately prepares for each session in advance, arrives on time when traveling to home and other community settings, as required, to ensure high quality services.
- Responsible for providing professional, efficient and effective service in all areas of performance which includes following the appropriate scheduling, administrative and payroll related protocols:
- Accurately completes necessary documentation including treatment notes and collecting client signatures into the process management system and keeps updated with other site-related documents and current medical reports for each child.
- Collects, records, and summarizes data on observable client behavior.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Utilizes safe & appropriate handling procedures when working with clients.
- Provides child-related communication to care givers and the program team, as appropriate.
- High School Diploma or;
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following disciplines: early childhood education, nursing, psychology or related field; bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Or,
- The equivalent of two years of college coursework at an accredited college or university, with a concentration in early childhood education, nursing, social work, psychology or related field
- Knowledgeable of methodologies found to benefit children with autism spectrum disorders, including Applied Behavior Analysis (“ABA”) preferred
Job Status: Contract/Temporary