Behavioral Health Counselor
This is a community health organization that provides a wide array of services including medical, dental and mental health. They are looking for someone to join their behavioral health team in a Behavioral Health Counselor role. The team provides services to assist with remediation of behaviors and symptoms, treatment includes psychotherapy, case management, crisis intervention, and linkage to psychiatry or other needs. The majority of time spent in this position will be direct service care.
· Provide direct behavioral health services in clinic, home, and field settings, often independently. Work closely with the child and/or family at the home to develop functional skills to improve self-care, emotional regulation, or other functional impairments
· Provide effective linkages with referral sources, community resources.
· Coordinate services with Juvenile Probation Department, Department of Family and Children Services, Family Advocates, Social Security Agency, private insurance companies, Victim Protection and other involved agencies and obtain referrals from schools
· Develop treatment service plans and case management and coordination plans for all clients served
· Master degree in psychology or related field
· Proficient working within the ICPM Integrative Core Program Model
· Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
· English Language proficiency
· Fluent in Spanish or Vietnamese highly desired
· Ability to possess and maintain a valid CA Driver’s License, must have suitable vehicle for travel and current automobile insurance