Accounts Receivable Duties & Responsibilities:
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions to customer accounts in accounting system with appropriate back-up.
* Prepares deposit for bank.
* Maintains and files all applicable supporting documentation.
* Provides all necessary daily receipts documentation to accountant for month end close.
* Resolves account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service, and from customers.
* Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions.
* Issues monthly client statements.
* Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line and correspondence with customers accordingly.
* Summarizes receivables by maintaining customer accounts, verifying balances, and preparing managerial reporting and month end close reporting.
Accounts Payable Duties & Responsibilities:
* Process vendor invoices for payment. Obtain correct account coding, proper approvals, valid sales tax charges, arithmetical accuracy of invoices. Match to receiving and purchasing documents.
* Prepare and complete bi-monthly check processing and distribution for accounts payable.
* Investigate and clear old, questionable items; reconcile vendor statements to our records.
* Record applicable use tax liabilities. Reconcile any discrepancies.
* Maintain filing and storage of all accounts payable documentation.
* Prepare assigned journal vouchers and account reconciliations.
* Preparing managerial reporting and month end close reporting as necessary, in addition to assisting in any reports.
* Assist other areas in Accounting as needed.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary